AuNix Internet Pty Ltd (AuNix) owns, operates and manages a diverse range of Internet and e-commerce businesses and investments.
- How and why AuNix collects personal information
- Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
- How is your personal information stored?
- Your right of access and correction
- Online collection of personal and non-personal information
- Additional Privacy Information & How to Contact AuNix
1. How and why AuNix collects personal information
AuNix needs to collect personal information in order to conduct its business, and to comply with Commonwealth legislation, including but not limited to the Telecommunications Act 1997.
Business contacts: Sometimes, AuNix needs to collect personal information from people we do business with. This will usually happen when we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company we deal with, or in one of our contractors or suppliers.
Website users. AuNix may also collect personal information through its website (for example, if you e-mail our webmaster with a question about our website).
AuNix’s policy is only to use personal information collected from its business contacts or the users of its websites or service for the business purpose for which it was collected, and not for any other purpose. We do not collect personal information that we do not need.
2. Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
AuNix will not sell, rent or trade personal information about you to or with others. Personal information collected by AuNix may be disclosed to third parties to whom we outsource specialised functions (such as mailing houses or printing companies), and if so, we take steps to ensure that those contractors:
- comply with the NPPs when they handle personal information about you (regardless of whether they are a small business, and would otherwise be exempt from the NPPs); and
- are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by AuNix.
The only other time AuNix would make disclosures of personal information is if we are required to do so by law, or if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988.
AuNix may give information about you to a credit reporting agency, under Section 18E(8)(c) Privacy Act 1988 for the following purposes:
- to obtain a consumer credit report about you, and/or
- to allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file containing information about you.
This information may be given before, during or after the provision of AuNix services to you.
3. How is your personal information stored?
AuNix takes physical, electronic and managerial steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is secure from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
AuNix only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel, and we educate our staff about their responsibilities under the NPPs.
AuNix data storage methods are Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliant.
4. Your right of access and correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to seek access to information which AuNix holds about you (although there are some exceptions to this). You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Please note that the personal information we hold about you will be information that you have provided us.
If you request, AuNix shall provide access to personal information to which you have a right of access under the Privacy Act. It will assist AuNix to process your request if you can specify the personal information you are seeking access to (eg by providing details of when you provided personal information to us, and in what context).
AuNix may ask you to pay its reasonable costs of responding to your request. AuNix’s policy is to consider requests for access or correction within a reasonable time.
5. Online collection of personal and non-personal information
Our website automatically collects other information when you visit our website. For example, for each visitor to our website, our server automatically recognises and stores the visitor’s domain name, but not their email address.
Our website contains links to other websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a website other than www.AuNix.com.au, please understand that AuNix is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
6. Additional privacy information & How to contact AuNix
For further information about privacy issues, see the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
If you have a privacy concern or query, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org